Relax and enjoy the beautiful beaches of Pondicherry this weekend!
Bored of the fast life of metros and tired of hectic work schedules, take a break and pack your bags and head towards a weekend vacation for Pondicherry. Pondicherry will assure a weekend full of fun with its diverse attractions, a beautiful coastline of 32 Km, palm-fringed beaches, fishing villages and much more to unwind you completely. Pondicherry recently named Pondicherry is located on the eastern seaboard of India. Pondicherry is a place where you can relax, take long walks on the beach and be stress free in the beautiful surroundings of water, palm trees and fresh air.
The place will become your favorite, when you visit the places listed below during your weekend vacation for Pondicherry:
- French Fort Louis: Ruled by the French for more than 300 years, Pondicherry reflects French influences in its architecture. The French fort Louis is a classic example of French architect which was constructed around the year 1709. The fort is built in accordance to a French Fort’s model which was established by Vauban at Tournai in the French speaking Belgium. This fort’s main attraction is its underground chambers that were used to store arms, ammunitions and other commodities.
- Aayi Mandapam: This is one of the most popular tourist attractions of Pondicherry. This monument is the emblem of Government of Pondicherry and is surrounded by five parks. It was built during the sixteenth century and was named after a lady courtesan called Ayi. It is believed that this lady destroyed her own house to build a water reservoir to supply water for the city. You weekend vacation for Pondicherry will be incomplete if you do not visit this marvelous place.
- Sri Aurobindo Ashram: The place was founded by Sri Aurobindo who was a revolutionist in his early ages but then turned poet. This place marks the spiritual wakening of Sri Aurobindo Ghosh who was a great patriot, philosopher, nationalist and spiritual leader and guru.
- Promenade – The Pondicherry Beach: Pondicherry is best known for its peaceful beaches. This one is 1.5km long promenade that will refresh you. The landmarks like the statue of Gandhi, Jenne d’arc duplex, the elegant War memorial and much more are located on the sea front.
- Ousteri Lake: This Lake is one of the biggest lakes in Pondicherry. The lake served as the major source of drinking water supplier those days. The lake now offers boat ride and bird watching activities.
- Chunnambar Water sport Center: Facilities like boating is available at the Boat house on the river Chunnambar. The site is 8km from Pondicherry. The backwater and the lush greenery surrounding the Chunnambar provide tourist a peaceful setting.
Above mentioned are few popular places among many others that make this place an ideal spot for an individual or family vacation. Pondicherry will serve you with a weekend that is stress free, fun filled and away from hush-hush life of the cities. Plan and pack your bag for a weekend vacation for Pondicherry. You will take back lots of memories with you for sure.