- IndiGo shall charge a Change/Cancellation fee per Customer per Sector (inclusive of service tax and cess, if applicable) for making changes/cancellations. The amount of change/cancellation will be as per below table and is subject to change without prior notice for flights to/from destinations other than Kathmandu (for flights to/from Kathmandu domestic change/cancellation fee shall apply). This fee will be deducted from the total clubbed amount of the basic fare and IndiGo surcharges, and the remainder is refundable to the Customers (in the case of cancellation) or may be applied to the Customer’s changed Booking (in the case of a change).
Time duration of Change/Cancellation Applicable Fee (for bookings made w.ef 1 April 2015) 0-4 hours before scheduled departure No show charges will be applicable 4 hours to 7 days before scheduled departure Rs. 2,500 per passenger per segment or equivalent amount in local currency 7 days or more before scheduled departure Rs. 2,000 per passenger per segment or equivalent amount in local currency
- IndiGo does not allow name changes to a Booking already made.
In the case of changes to a Booking already made, the residual amount (i.e. after the deduction of applicable fee per Customer per Sector) will be applied to the changed itinerary. Changes to the itinerary will be made at prevailing prices at the time of the change. If the residual amount is less than the price of the changed itinerary, the customer will be required to pay the difference.
In the case of a changed itinerary where the residual amount is greater than the price of the new itinerary, or in the case of a cancellation of a Booking already made, the Customer will receive the balance amount (i.e. after the deduction of applicable fee per Customer per Sector and the cost of the new itinerary, if applicable) as a refund or, at the option of the Customer, credit in the Customer’s name, which can be used for future travel on IndiGo by himself for up to one year from the date of the cancellation.
In case the customer desires, refunds against the residual value after deduction of the applicable fee, will be made available as per the following:
- For Bookings made through credit cards, the refund will be processed back to the credit card. A Refund Processing Fee of INR 200 per Customer per Sector (or equivalent) will apply.
- For Bookings made through Travel Partners or online travel portals, the refund may be claimed from the respective travel partners/ portals.
- For Bookings made by cash at the airport, the refund will be processed at the respective airport. A Refund Processing Fee of INR 200 per Customer per Sector will apply.
Indigo Cancellation Charge
Indigo airlines are one of the premiere low cost airline service providers in the country. Although quite young as compared to the other major players in the Indian aviation industry, Indigo airlines has carved a niche for itself with its high end services, convenient facilities, great in-flight hospitality, efficient ground support and easy to access services and facilities. From booking a ticket with the airline to cancelling the same, each and every facility provided by the airline ensures that each and every passenger gets a hassle free solution to his query or problem. Besides its efficient hospitality, there are a number of services that the airline offers to its guests.
There are several people who consider cancelling a ticket a very cumbersome job because of the hassles involved in cancellation and refund of the amount. Indigo airlines, however, has a very easy and simple procedure for cancellation of tickets that allows passengers to nullify their booking and rest assured about the refund. In case you are travelling with Indigo airlines and want to cancel your booking, all you need to do is contact your travel agent and specify your requirements. You can also get in touch with the staff of Indigo airlines at the Indigo counters in the nearest airport and place your request. For those who are hard pressed for time, the airlines offer the facility of cancellation over the Internet.
All you need to do is log on to the website of the airline www.goindigo.in and enter the details of your ticket and select the tab for cancellation. An amount of Rs will be deducted from the total fare and the rest of the amount will be returned to your account in the form of credit points which are valid for a period of 12 months. These credit points can be used to book any other ticket with Indigo airlines in the said period to any other destination.
This saves you from the trouble of following up about the refund status and bear unnecessary charges for cancellation. However, the refund will be made in cases of refundable trips only and you can check for the status of the flight while booking your ticket.
In case of flight cancellation due to glitches, the airline staff will get in touch with you over your SMS-capable mobile phone. In case a flight is cancelled, rescheduled or delayed for more than two or three hours, a passenger has the right to claim for a refund, which will translate into credit points, as per the policy of the airlines, which can be used for future travel. In case a flight is cancelled while a passenger is in transit, the passenger is eligible to ask for a rebooking on an Indigo flight or remain at the transit spot.
However, while booking or cancelling any ticket, it is expected of a passenger to provide full and correct details. More information about ticket cancellation can be collected from the counters of Indigo airlines at the airport or through their website.